PATIENT ACCOUNT MANAGER
The Patient Account Manager is responsible for the daily operational management of the Billing Department and all patient accounting and related functions. This includes accounts receivable, billing, credit and collections.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Train, supervise and evaluate all staff in the billing department. Give daily work orders with the responsibility of seeing that all required duties be completed each day. Assist CEO and CFO in the interview and selection process for billing department personnel.
- Responsible for the timely preparation of insurance, hospital and private billings for organizations. Responsible for making sure billers post payments to proper accounts in a timely manner.
- Assist with development of procedures for efficient and accurate processing of patient encounters.
- Coordinate the paper/electronic document flow related to billing and patient accounts, including but not limited to:
- registration information from PSR,
- forwarding of information to third party filing and follow-up,
- assist billing department with problems encountered when medical records are not sent timely from providers.
- Identify and establish relationships with third party insurers to improve patient revenue.
- Supervise the monitoring and reconciliation of third party insurance remittance and cash collections.
- Complete quarterly audits at each Center to monitor compliance with policies related to front desk duties, which include sliding fee application process, registration, appointment scheduling, end of day reports, etc.
- Assist CFO in the development of patient billing procedures.
- Institute payment plans with patients where required such as delinquent accounts, third party insurance coverage not covered at the Center.
- Assist in training of PSR’s at the Centers by helping the Biller that is assigned to the PSR’s at the Center.
- Perform other clerical duties as assigned.
Must be a high school graduate or have high school equivalency. An AA degree in Insurance Billing and Coding would be preferred but 3 to 5 year experience in billing in medical field can be accepted in lieu of degree. Certified Professional Coder highly desirable. EXPERIENCE AND/OR SKILLS REQUIRED
Must be able to comprehend established office routine and regulations, learn quickly from oral and written instructions and possess ability to keep accurate financial records and perform mathematical tasks. At least two years supervisory experience necessary.
Must work with the knowledge that information she/he will come into contact with is confidential and must not be repeated outside of the Center setting.
Must demonstrate respect for diversity and empathy for low-income populations and have a desire to improve their health status.
CAPACITY AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
Specific capacities and abilities may be required of an individual in order to learn or perform adequately a task or job duty. These include:
- Intelligence: The ability to understand instructions and underlying principles. The ability to reason and make judgments.
- Verbal: The ability to understand meanings of words and ideas associated with them.
- Numerical: The ability to perform arithmetic operations quickly and accurately.
- Manual Dexterity: The ability to move the hands and fingers easily.
- Form Perception: The ability to make visual comparisons and discriminations and see slight differences in shapes and shadings of figures.
- Color Discrimination: The ability to perceive or recognize similarities or differences in colors and shades or other values of the same color.
Typical clinic or office environment
This job may require lifting of objects that exceed 50 lbs., with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs. Other physical demands that may be required are as follows:
- Pushing and/or pulling
- Stooping and/or kneeling
Salud Mental Provider / Psychologist / LCSW / Counselor
Provide behavioral health consultation to children, adolescents, adults, and families in order to improve psychosocial functioning. Must demonstrate respect for diversity and empathy for low-income populations and have a desire to improve their health status
Description of Duties
- Provide comprehensive assessment and diagnosis of behavioral health clients.
- Provide effective treatment planning and assist clients in successfully achieving goals.
- Evaluate crisis situations and apply appropriate interventions.
- Actively participate in meetings that support Rural Medical Servicios’ integrated health care model to provide comprehensive care for clients.
- Assist in the detection of “at risk” patients and development of plans to prevent further psychological or physical deterioration.
- Assist the primary care team in developing care management processes such as the use of guidelines, disease management techniques, case management, and patient education to improve self-management of chronic disease.
- Provide assessment, consultation, and brief intervention for psychological/psychiatric problems and/or disorders.
- Teach patients, families, and staff care, prevention, and treatment enhancement techniques.
- Monitor the site’s behavioral health program, identifying problems related to patient services, and making recommendations for improvement
- Other duties as required by Operations Director.
Masters Degree in Social Work or Doctoral Degree in Psychology (PhD or PsyD)
Licensed in the State of Tennessee as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Psychologist
Experience and/or Skills Required
- Working knowledge of behavioral medicine and evidence-based treatments for medical and mental health conditions.
- Ability to work through brief patient contacts as well as to make quick and accurate clinical assessments of mental and behavioral conditions.
- Should be comfortable with the pace of primary care, working with an interdisciplinary team, and have strong communication skills.
- Good knowledge of psychopharmacology.
- Ability to design and implement clinical pathways and protocols for treatment of selected chronic conditions.
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
Rural Medical Servicios, Inc. complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status. No question or item on this application for employment is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Information obtained through this application will be used solely to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. Applications will be kept on file for 90 days.