BEHAVIORAL HEALTH PROVIDER/ PSYCHOLOGIST/ LCSW / COUNSELOR
Provide behavioral health consultation to children, adolescents, adults, and families in order to improve psychosocial functioning. Must demonstrate respect for diversity and empathy for low-income populations and have a desire to improve their health status
Description of Duties
- Provide comprehensive assessment and diagnosis of behavioral health clients.
- Provide effective treatment planning and assist clients in successfully achieving goals.
- Evaluate crisis situations and apply appropriate interventions.
- Actively participate in meetings that support Rural Medical Services’ integrated health care model to provide comprehensive care for clients.
- Assist in the detection of “at risk” patients and development of plans to prevent further psychological or physical deterioration.
- Assist the primary care team in developing care management processes such as the use of guidelines, disease management techniques, case management, and patient education to improve self-management of chronic disease.
- Provide assessment, consultation, and brief intervention for psychological/psychiatric problems and/or disorders.
- Teach patients, families, and staff care, prevention, and treatment enhancement techniques.
- Monitor the site’s behavioral health program, identifying problems related to patient services, and making recommendations for improvement
- Other duties as required by Operations Director.
Masters Degree in Social Work or Doctoral Degree in Psychology (PhD or PsyD)
Licensed in the State of Tennessee as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Psychologist
Experience and/or Skills Required
- Working knowledge of behavioral medicine and evidence-based treatments for medical and mental health conditions.
- Ability to work through brief patient contacts as well as to make quick and accurate clinical assessments of mental and behavioral conditions.
- Should be comfortable with the pace of primary care, working with an interdisciplinary team, and have strong communication skills.
- Good knowledge of psychopharmacology.
- Ability to design and implement clinical pathways and protocols for treatment of selected chronic conditions.
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
OUTREACH WORKER/INTERPRETER-HAITIAN CREOLE
Responsible for providing health education, referrals, and advocacy to the agricultural worker population through one-on-one encounters in the community, home visits, group education, and by telephone. Assist providers and other clinic staff by providing interpretation for patients with Limited English Proficiency (LEP) in target language.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Help organize and participate in Agricultural Worker Outreach Clinics.
- Provide information and support to Agricultural Worker patients and community members regarding farmworker safety and health, chronic diseases, pregnancy and general health.
- Plan and present education sessions to small groups of clients and/or provide one-on-one education.
- Make referrals to Rural Medical Services’ clinics and social service agencies.
- Encourage clients to seek medical care early in their pregnancies and to keep all of their appointments.
- Follow-up on all referrals and help clients access the services they need.
- Coordinate transportation with van driver and/or other Migrant Program staff as needed for patients.
- Interpret for medical providers as needed.
- Provide interpretation between patients and RMS Van Driver, pharmacy employees, medical specialists, and outside clinics as directed.
- Answer telephone, completely and accurately take messages and schedule appointments.
- Assist patients in completing forms.
- Perform patient intake and collect medical history.
- Interpret for nurses as they collect patient health histories, reconcile medicines, and refer patients to specialist.
- Complete EMR tasks such as relaying messages and giving test results by telephone or written letter in the target language.
- Send letters and correspondence as directed.
- Scan and manage medical records.
- Document all encounters and activities on forms provided.
- Work closely with Migrant Program Director to improve services provided.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must be high school graduate, vocational high school graduate or have high school equivalency.
EXPERIENCE AND/OR SKILLS REQUIRED
Must be bilingual with proficient verbal and written skills in English and the target language.
Must be able to comprehend established office routines and regulations, learn quickly from oral and written instructions, and have ability to keep simple financial records. Should have pleasant personality and be able to work well with others.
Rural Medical Servicios, Inc. complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status. No question or item on this application for employment is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination. Information obtained through this application will be used solely to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. Applications will be kept on file for 90 days.